Welcome to my blog, which speaks to parents, professionals who work with children, and policy makers. Through stories from my behavioral pediatrics practice (with details changed to protect privacy) I will show how contemporary research in child development can be applied to support parents in their efforts to facilitate their children’s healthy emotional development. I will address factors that converge to obstruct such support. These include limited access to quality mental health care, influences of a powerful health insurance industry and intensive marketing efforts by the pharmaceutical industry.

Monday, May 3, 2010

Resource for Parents

This will be a very brief blog post, simply meant to call attention to a valuable resource for parents. The Pacella Parent Child Center, which is located in New York City, offers the kind of support for parent-child relationships that I write about in my blog. The website also offers articles for parents on such common challenges as post partum depression, crying, sleep and separation issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment