Welcome to my blog, which speaks to parents, professionals who work with children, and policy makers. I aim to show how contemporary developmental science points us on a path to effective prevention, intervention, and treatment, with the aim of promoting healthy development and wellbeing of all children and families.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Limit Setting and Discipline

As I am now devoting most of my creative energies to writing my book, producing two worthwhile blog posts a week(as Danny Carlat recommended for a successful blog) can sometimes be challenging. So I decided to borrow from a colleague, and instead post a link to a new article on the website of the Pacella Parent Child Center on Limit Setting and Discipline. Authors Alice Rosenman and Joan Musitano make many very important points, including the role of limits in teaching children to regulate emotions, and the importance of recognizing the way in which a child's behavior evokes feelings related to a parent's own life experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment